Karlie Valdez, J.D.
Unlike many DUI firms your call will never be screened by a receptionist. If Karlie is unavailable to take your call you can often reach her by text message during business hours.
Karlie Valdez focuses her practice exclusively on DUI and misdemeanor criminal defense. Karlie previously worked for Thomson West. Her role there was to train Seattle’s top lawyers on advanced online legal research. She went on to start her own law practice devoted to criminal defense. Karlie has defended hundreds of individuals charged with DUI and traffic crimes and has saved a large percentage of those clients from losing their driver’s license. Karlie treats her clients consistent with her belief that bad things happen to good people, and everyone deserves a passionate defense in our justice system.
“My clients know that they can call me on my cell phone or send me a text message. They know that their name will never be one of many in a stack of files brought into court. I am their lawyer, and I will defend my clients with vigor.”
Over the years, Karlie has demonstrated particular talent in courtroom advocacy. She is a skilled negotiator and well-respected by prosecutors and judges throughout the greater Seattle area. Karlie has experienced great success in DOL proceedings and saved many clients from a suspended license. Karlie has earned a reputation with her clients for providing outstanding client service tailored to the needs of each individual.
Seattle University School of Law, J.D. 2002
- Justice For Children, Vice-President, 2000
- Moot Court Administrative Law Competition – winner
- Trial Advocacy Competition – winner
- Karlie Valdez focuses her pra
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1998, Vice-President, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Annual Dean’s List
Grays Harbor College, Aberdeen, WA 1996
- Associate of Arts
- Full-Time Running Start Student
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- King County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Practitioner of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Defending DUIs Seminar (WFCJ), Regular Attendee